Sukhi Arbi ki sabji is awesome taste with Poori or Paratha. Taro root, colocasia or popularly known as Arbi in Hindi. It is a vegetable from potato family. It is one of the finest sources of dietary fiber and also Arbi has more calories than Potato. It is a great side dish to go along with poori or paratha and dal- cahwal.
Preparation Time- 10 min
Cooking Time- 15 min.
· 250 gm medium size Arbi or taro
· 1 tspn carom seeds/ajwain
· 1 tspn saunf
· ½ tspn methi dana
· ½ tspn jeera
· 1 tsp turmeric powder
· 2 tsp coriander powder
· 1-2 whole red chili
· 1-2 chopped green chilies
· 1 tbsp mustard oil
· salt to taste
· ½ tspn amchoor powder or Lemon juice
1. Peel and wash arbi and cut them lengthwise like potato finger chips. Pieces should be medium thick not too thin not too thick.
2. Soak them in water till you prepare the masala.
3. Take a small bowl adds turmeric powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder and chopped Green chili. Add some water and Mix them together.
4. Heat a pan or kadahi and add mustard oil. Once the oil is hot, add whole red chili, carom seeds, saunf, jeera,
and dry masala paste that we made in a bowl.
5. Add sliced arbi or taro and give it a stir so that they are
Coated nicely in masala.
6. Add salt and cover and cook for 10-11 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Check with a spoon if they are soft and then fry for few seconds.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander.
9. Serve with hot paratha or puri.
10. It is good side dish in lunch with dal-cahwal.
If you have soaked them in water for longer the cooking time will reduce.
|Arbi ki Sukhi ki Sabji|